Terms and Conditions of Rental
- “Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
- “Property” means 94 Highett Street Richmond Victoria Australia and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
- “Management” means the owners and managers of the Property.
- "Guests" means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
- "Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY
- Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. CHECK IN/ OUT
- Check-in time is not before 2pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 10am on departure date.
- Late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability and extra charges may apply.
- You must notify Management of expected arrival time and a mobile contact number at least 5 days before arrival.
- Check-in/check-out and key collection/return procedure will be communicated via email prior to your arrival.
Direct Bank Deposit, Credit Card or Cash
- A deposit of 25% must be received within 7 days after the Booking is taken by Management. Bookings are not confirmed unless and until this deposit is received.
- Payment in full must be received no later than 28 days/ weeks prior to your arrival.
- Payments of the amount due must be received in Australian $ net of any bank or other transaction charges.
- Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits or the Booking will be cancelled automatically without notice or liability to you.
- We accept payment by the following methods: Visa, MasterCard, Paypal, direct deposit into our bank account.
5. CANCELLATION OR VARIATION
If you paid by Direct Deposit, Paypal, Credit Card or Cash
- If you wish to vary or cancel your Booking, please contact us immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your deposit is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation.
- If you have paid more than the deposit or paid in full and cancel your Booking you will be refunded the amount paid more than the deposit amount.
- Should you be eligible for a refund it will be made through your chosen payment method at time of Booking.
- A variation of the Booking that reduces the number of nights stay will be a treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those nights if the change is made less than 28 days before check in.
- A variation of the Booking that reduces the number of guests will be treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those guests if the change is made less than 28 days before check in.
- An administration charge of $30 will be charged for any variation or cancellation made less than 28 days before check in.
- If Management is able to re-let the Property for the period cancelled a further refund may be made less administration charges, commissions and expenses.
Minimum night’s stay policy
- We have a minimum nights stay policy of 2 nights. No refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches our minimum nights stay policy.
6. SECURITY BOND
A credit card authorisation must be provided to Management upon confirmation of your Booking. Use the form on the last page of this document to indicate your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Rental and to specify your credit card details for authorisation.
Any damage loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged against the credit card. Examples include but are not limited to any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements.
Extra overnight guests beyond those declared will result in total forfeit of the security bond.
If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc) then Management will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy; failing which any moneys paid will be refunded in full.
8. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
- The property is in a residential neighbourhood. You and our neighbors deserve quiet enjoyment of the environment. Parties and functions require prior approval at the time of Booking and special conditions will apply including extra charges, guests remain responsible for persons attending, assuring there is no disturbance of neighbours, no undue noise, silence when entering and leaving the premises, no behaviour likely to cause damage to property or offence or embarrassment to others, all noise to cease by 10pm.
Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
9. LINEN AND TOWELS
We supply linen, bedding, pillows, blankets and towels that must be left where supplied in the bedrooms or bathroom on departure. Further linen may be hired through Management. Beach towels are not included.
Damage to linen, bedding or towels, such as stains and marks caused by excessive makeup, tanning lotion etc or use of linen and towels for purposes they were not designed (e.g., cleaning cars, mopping up spills etc) will be charged against your security bond for replacement cost.
- Pets are not allowed at the Property
11. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- You must comply with all applicable House Rules and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
- You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately. Management may recover from you repair or replacement cost (at Management's discretion)
- Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property over night. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
- Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
- Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition. If the barbeque has been used the hotplates must be cleaned.
- Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, barbeque, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs over and above the normal cleaning fee which will be deducted from the security bond or charged to your credit card
- All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived
- The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be returned to Management or as otherwise directed.
- You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys, garage remotes and street parking pass. Duplicate keys will be provided at an additional charge at cost.
- Smoking is not permitted indoors. Smoking indoors will incur a $300 cleaning fee that will be deducted from your security bond.
12. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
- In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
- Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
- Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our property.